Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Vietnam Birthday

I have uploaded pictures to Picasa from our network drive via Robyn's computer (I am crippled without my laptop and have returned Nguyet's to her because our assignments are technically over). I'll worry about the link later - but if you follow the links to my albums from other places on my blog, and look at my public albums, you will find the album for my birthday.

Yesterday was my birthday and I had the best possible away-from-home birthday. My CSC family and several of our interpreters went out to eat. We were going to go to a restaurant with "grown up" sized chairs but I changed my mind at the last minute and we went for skewers, Hue pancakes and Saigon beer from a street vendor/restaurant while sitting on little tiny plastic stools (think nursery school/creche sized). We had several rounds of "Mo, Hai, Bat, Yo!" to the amusement of the locals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope you had the best birthday (with people who's language you barely know) away from home EVER!