Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My laptop is dead, sniff

and that's why I haven't posted anything in a while. If it is any consolation, the blogs that I have written in my head are wonderful. If I ever get them transcribed, you will love them.
In the mean time, thanks to Sven's wonderful interpreter Nguyet, I have managed to borrow a laptop that I can use to do public work. Very interesting that when I called all of the help numbers that we were given by IBM and ABV (our NGO) every conversation started with "I would love to help, but here is why I can't....". With our local interpreters (now friends first, interpreters/guides/lifelines second), the conversation went "Hi Heather, Nguyet is coming by with a laptop. She needs it back on Thursday but its yours until then."

We are almost wrapping up - tomorrow is our last work day so everyone is in full panic mode trying to get their assignment reports ready to present. Saturday/Sunday we have a weekend together as a team (our last, sniff) and then we all start dispersing on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.
It has been the most amazing experience. I would not have traded this for a great many things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i simply can't wait for you to come
home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

i'm sorry about your laptop(at least it's not broken into two pieces)!